|Andis Excel 2-Speed Detachable Blade Hair Clipper (22315)|
|Retail Price: Varies based on product options|
|Amazon Price: $119.44|
Andis has a good reputation as a manufacturer of clippers, and I like that the clipper is made in the USA. I always buy products that are made in the USA, when possible.
The clipper feels very nice in my hand. It’s got a contoured shape for a nice fit. The clipper is made with break resistant housing, which is a good feature because I didn’t want something that was going to break easily. I’ve dropped it a time or two and no damage was done.
In the past I’ve used clippers that required oiling, and it was messy and not the best choice for cutting human hair, though it’s fine for cutting pets’ hair. I like that this clipper is completely maintenance free and no oiling of inner parts is required.
This Andis clipper has a powerful rotary motor, which means that it does a clean job of cutting hair evenly.
The clipper has a high speed that’s 25% faster for cutting heavy hair. I don’t really see the need for two speeds, myself. I always use the high speed, and the clipper never runs hot, though it does get warm.
- Maintenance-free. No oiling of internal parts is required, which means no oily mess to worry about.
- Has a good fit in my hand. I get a lot of use out of this clipper, and it’s a nice plus that it’s comfortable to use, especially since I use it to cut my own hair.
- It cuts well. This clipper never gets clogged up when I’m using it on my hair or my boys’ hair. It has nice, sharp blades and does a very nice job.
- It has a powerful motor. The powerful rotary motor in this clipper is the reason it does so well cutting even wet hair.
- It a bit pricey. There are a lot less expensive clippers that you can get, but I’ve found you definitely get what you pay for when it comes to clippers. So it’s worth the extra cost.
- Don’t need two speeds. If the cost is a bit higher simply because the clipper offers two speeds, I say why add the unneeded feature?
I don’t hesitate to recommend the Andis 22315BGC2 Excel 2-Speed Professional Clipper because I’ve used a lot of different brands of clippers and have figured out that it’s definitely worth it to pay a little more to buy a good set. Getting the cheaper, magnetic style clippers is a mistake. They aren’t durable and they don’t do a good job. The powerful rotary motor in this Andis clipper makes all the difference. It doesn’t run hot, and there’s absolutely no maintenance required. Even if you need clippers to keep one person’s hair trimmed, this is the clipper to buy. In the long run, you’ll save.
Price Alert: Currently Amazon.com is offering free shipping and a generous 23% discount for the Andis 22315BGC2 Excel 2-Speed Professional Clipper. This means you’ll save $33.85 from the usual retail price.